Apart from the main families that settled in New York and Chicago, which are covered under the Tipperary (Ballinure, Ballingarry and Killballherberry), Carlow, Kilkenny and Kildare/Wicklow sections, there are a number of other families from Ireland that settled in America. For some of these the Irish origins have been identified and others not.
1) Families that settled in Massachusetts such as:
- James Hayde and Margaret in Charleston, Boston
- Michael Hayde and Mary in Boston, Suffolk (from Tipperary)
- David Hade and Margaret in Quincy, Norfolk
These are part of Tree # 24 and are covered in more detail in the Massachusetts Posts page. Their Irish origin is not known.
2) Families from Urlingford that settled in Massachetts such as:
- Descendants of James and Mary Hackett, John and Ellen Doran and Edmond and Ellen Lahy (Tree # 4)
3) Families that settled in New York such as:
- John and Ann in New York City
- Thomas and Mary in Queens
- Patrick and Catherine
The Irish origins of these families is unknown.
4) A family from Meath that settled in Oregan. This is Tree # 17 and is covered in more detail in the Meath Posts page.
5) Families that settled in Indiana. This is Tree # 19 and is covered in more detail in the Indiana Posts page.
6) Families that settled in Saint Louis, Missouri. This is Tree # 22 and is covered in more detail in the St Louis Posts page.
There are also Heade families that originated from Galway and Cork in Ireland. I have not documented these as I’m not sure how or if these families are linked to the others from Ireland.