John Hayde and his wife Mary Anne were in Ballymacarret, County Down in the 1850s. They had the following children:
- Charles b 1844 and d 1891
- Rose Anne b 1849 and d 1869
- Henry b 1854. He married Margaret Benson and had the following children:
- John Head b 1877
- George Heade/Hayde b 1879, who enlisted with the British army in 1891 and was discharged in 1909. He was single at the time of the 1911 census
- Patrick Hade b 1881. D 1883
- Jane Haid b 1885. D 1887
- Rose Anne Hayde b 1883
- Margaret Hayde b 1887
- Mary Jane Hade b 1890
- Patrick Hade b 1891 (d before 1897)
- Henry Haide b 1895
- Kate Hayde. Mar 1896
The were in Co Down in 1901 and 1911 census records as Hayde.
In the civil records for Belfast I also found the death of John Hayd in 1875. He was a married newspaper vendor aged 60 (ie born 1815). I also found him (as Head) in the Griffiths records in circa 1850 for Ballymacarret, Co Down. In a 1843 directory he was listed as (Haid) a weaver. Ballymacarret is a ward in eastern Belfast.
Recorded in Londonderry was the death of William Hade in 1890 aged 77 (ie b 1813). It is possible that he was a brother of John’s.
It is possible that John moved to Belfast from Dublin and is connected to the families who were newspaper vendors/dairy owners in Dublin at the time.
I have also not found any descendants of this family.
The information that I have gathered on this family is outlined in the following document:
Any further information would be welcome.