According to descendants, Patrick Hayde was born circa 1830 in Co Tipperary and emigrated to America in the early 1850s.
The most likely baptism record is that of a Patrick Hayde in the parish of Fethard, Tipperary in 1832. He was the son of James and Mary Fitzgerald. They lived in the village of Cloran, to the south east of Fethard.
An Edmond Headd was in the tithe records for Cloran in 1830 and this is probably Edmond and Margaret English who had children baptised in the Drangan parish in the 1820s and 1830s. Edmond died (as Heade) in 1834 and Margaret was the Administrator of the estate.
This village can be seen on the map below:
By 1860 Patrick had married Johanna Lyons, they had started a family and were living in Salisbury, Connecticut (as Haide).
Johanna arrived in America in 1850 according to the 1900 census. There are two arrival records in the name of Johanna Lyons. These are:
- At New York on 23 July 1850 aged 20 (b 1830) on Universe, and
- At Boston on 16 Jan 1850 aged 18 (b 1832)
Possible arrival dates in America for Patrick include:
- As Patrick Head aged 23. Arrived 1 July 1851 on Robert Kelly from Liverpool
- As Patrick Head aged 25. Arrived 24 May 1847 from Cobh, Ireland (unlikely as not in 1850 census)
- Patrick Heade aged 25. Arrived 31 March 1851 on Washington from Liverpool (although I think this person is the Patrick in Tree # 12)
- Patt Head aged 30. Arrived 26 May 1851 on Harmony from Liverpool. Place of origin stated as Tipperary.
Patrick and Johanna had the following descendants:
- John b 1854. Mar Mary Rigler
- Mary Agnes b 1914
- Charles Joseph b 1916
- Charles Joseph Jnr b 1938
- Mary Lee
- Roger W
- Francis Elizabeth b 1918
- Katherine V b 1921
- Gloria J b 1923
- Helen R b 1925
- Laurence b 1855
- Ellen b 1856
- Mary b 1856.
Patrick died in 1885 and by 1900 Johanna was still living in Salisbury with the rest of the family (as Hayde).
John married Mary Rigler. Their descendants are in Litchfield Connecticut.
Laurence never married.
Mary married Richard Deneen and their descendants are well documented.
I have shared information with descendants of Mary and Richard Deneen but have not traced any descendants of John. Any further information would be welcome.
The family tree can be found at https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/tree/51523823/family