Peter and Mary Premo
Peter (b 1843) arrived in NY on SS Pennsylvania on 13 April 1868. Also on the same ship was a John Hade. I am not sure of the connection between Peter and John.
Peter enlisted in the army in NY in 1869 and served a 5 year term to 1874. He married Mary Premo in Michigan in 1874 and by 1880 they had 3 children.
By 1900 they had 10 children with 9 surviving. Their children are:
- Adele Josephine Hade b 1876. Mar Charles Green
- Mary Agnes Hade b 1877
- Peter Hade b 1879. D 1904
- Charles Henry Hade b 1882. Mar Anna
- John Nicholas Hayde b 1884. Mar Alice Balsey. John Hade, enlisted in the army in 1907 and was discharged in 1908.
- Madeline E Hayde b 1906
- Alice Mary Agnes Hade b 1910
- Alice Mabel Hade b 1887
- Arthur Earl Leo Hade b 1890
- George Francis Lawrence Hade b 1896. Mar Emily Craig
- Cecliia Eleanor Hayde b 1898. Mar William Spitter
They were recorded as Hade in the arrival records and the early census records. By the 1920s however they were using the name Hayde. Descendants are in Detroit.